One of the highlights of the fall semester in youth ministry at Highland is our annual Fall Youth Retreat! Our Fall Youth Retreat is November 1-3! This weekend retreat draws us closer to the heart of God and to each other as a community. We hope that all of our youth will be able to attend this important retreat!
WHAT: Fall Youth Retreat 2013
WHEN: November 1-3
Leaving: All participants need to be in Highland’s back parking lot at 5:00 p.m. on Friday, November 1
Returning: We will return to Highland’s back parking lot by 12:30 p.m. on Sunday, November 3
WHO: HBC’s Middle School & High School Youth & Friends
If they have a friend they would like to bring, they are welcome to invite them! Friend need to sign-up by October 13 as well.
WHERE: Retreat Center at St. Meinrad Archabbey & Monastery in Indiana
2013 Theme: HOME
After a long day at school, we arrive home and drop our backpacks and jackets at the door and settle into our real selves. We shed our strong exteriors and find ourselves wrestling with the questions of life – Who am I? What is the meaning of this life I live? Where is God in this world full of pain and suffering? God desires us to come home – to find God in the place where we wrestle with these questions in honesty and in community. This Fall Youth Retreat, you are invited to come home into the arms of the one who meets us in our questions, fears, and brokenness.
HOW MUCH: $80 to cover retreat costs. Your payment of $80 is due to Carol by Sunday, October 13 to secure your spot. If you are need of scholarship money, please turn in the enclosed scholarship application by October 13. Checks should be made payable to Highland Baptist Church.
DEADLINE TO REGISTER: Sunday, October 13
WHAT TO BRING
• Pillow and Bedding for Twin Beds (Linens and Blanket or Sleeping Bag)
• Towels • Personal Items (toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, shampoo, etc)
• Warm Clothing to be outside • Shower sandals • Bible • Pen or pencil
• Snacks to share…
o Guys need to bring a 2-Liter of Soda
o Girls need to bring a snack
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU:
• By October 13: Sign up by (1) turning in the BLUE registration form and (2) turning in the $80 payment
• By November 1: Turn in the YELLOW Release Form, signed by parent/guardian and youth, as well as an up-to-date notarized Medical Release Form. NOTE: Many of our previous medical release forms have expired for the year. If you filled out one this summer, there is a chance it is still valid. Speak with Carol to determine if a new one is needed. This one will last through the rest of the school year and summer (expiring in September 2014).
If you have any questions as you prepare to send your youth to the Fall Youth Retreat, please email Carol (Carol@HBCLouisville.org) or call the office (502- 451-3735).