First Phase Complete.
This past Wednesday, July 3, the first phase of our Building Love renovation was completed. As you may have noticed, many areas of our ceiling on the first floor education building hallway are now without tile. The ceilings will remain exposed for a time, in order for second floor plumbing to be accessed later in the project. Thank you for you flexibility during the past two weeks as we navigated a variety of interesting paths to reach the church offices and other areas of the building! As of today:
- Entry into the church office on weekdays continues to be through the Educational Building.
- All restrooms on the first floor hall are now open.
- The infant and toddler rooms have returned to their usual spaces/entrances.
- Brooke Schmidt has returned to her office off room 101.
- There will be no entry via the double glass doors in the central stairwell through next spring when the entire renovation is complete.
- Should you need to schedule a meeting, please contact the church office to reserve a meeting space and have it added to the church calendar. We will have fewer rooms available for meeting and will need to carefully schedule our available space.
The second phase of the Building Love renovation will begin on Monday, July 22. This phase includes construction of a portion of the firewall that allows square footage to be added to the building, as well as the assembly of temporary walls in the Commons that will eventually serve as children’s Bible study space.
We are grateful for everyone’s flexibility as we continue through this season of movement, preparation and renovation. Please stay tuned to the newsletter each week for updates on how your weekly rhythms may be affected by future phases of the project.
~ Renee Purtlebaugh